Boy oh boy… sometimes I get involved with something new and it consumes more of my time and attention than I had planned.
It’s been quite a while since I added a new posting — I want to update y’all on the birthday gifts my sister brought to me on May 27th. First, a list of the classic cartoon DVDs:
- Rocky & Bullwinkle & friends — 4dvd set of the complete season 1
- The Yogi Bear Show — The Complete Series, all 33 episodes plus bonuses
- Dastardly & Muttley in Their Flying Machines — The Complete Series, all 17 episodes plus extras
- The Best of Tennessee Tuxedo and his tales — 15 adventures
- The Best of Mr. Peabody & Sherman — Volume 1
- The Best of Boris & Natasha — Volume 1
- The Best of Dudley Do-Right — Volume 1
Hours and hours and hours of some of the best cartoons ever to appear on TV — my personal opinion.
Tee also brought the comicbook which she had purchased as one of my birthday gifts. She had specifically requested something with Eugene the Jeep. However, Eugene is not present in the comic she was sold — Popeye, volume 1, number 31, Jan-Mar 1955. It does contain Swee’Pea, Olive Oyl and other usual characters. It also contains an episode of Axle and Cam (robots) — I don’t recall seeing them before.
Tee asked me if I wanted her to try to return the comicbook and I told her NO — it was the thought that counted and I’d keep it.
I can surely say that I hadn’t had this many birthday gifts for a very long time — and totally unexpected! After all, 63 years isn’t typically significant. But, I am grateful for each new mark I add to my birthday calendar.
Perhaps some of you reading this post will comment about your favorite TV cartoon characters or your best ever comicbook heroes — or whatever you feel like adding to the mix.
I look forward to reading what you have to say. 😎